Saturday, October 27, 2007

What Color Is Your Rainbow?

One's closet could be a clue to one's soul, or at least their favorite colors and I am a pink girl, loving anything pink except Pepto Bismal. Pink is the color of youth, love, spring, innocence and bubble gum. Pink draws me in and invites me to linger. Pink geraniums, pink lipstick, pink place mats, pink nail polish -- it was all designed for girls like me. Shades of pink are just as loved as pink itself: fuchsia, cranberry, purple, lilac -- all of them are refreshing and all evoke a bubbling effervescence seldom found in brown or ochre. All things pink look good on blondes, and I am a blonde, so all things pink hang in my closet, arranged by shades of pink from dark to light. Of course other colors also live in my closet for the non-pink days when the weather is offensive, the head aches, or the day seems to be less pink and more in shades of black. I own seven black blazers (including suits), and black looks fabulous with pink.

While you might not be a pink girl, or even a pink guy, you can still be my friend, as long as you aren't wearing orange -- it competes with pink and I don't really like orange. I'm a pink girl.

No comments: