Friday, October 26, 2007

I'm Combating the Visible Signs of Aging

Perfect skin has been a pursuit of mine ever since I saw Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, and most recently, anyone in a cosmetic commercial. Flawless smooth skin is something to lust for. It is why Neiman Marcus sends me their emails with the Beauty Bonus Buys attached each month. Of course I open them, just to see what they think I need. If "it" comes with a cute tote in a color I could use, they've got me, and soon it appears at my door and then on my face.

I was intrigued by a product I had seen repeatedly in Bliss Magazine, Time For You, and online. It was "free," and in 30 days I would have flawless skin. I succumbed and soon it was put to the test.


According to iQ Derma, beauty with intelligence, I had "the most advance anti-aging products available in the marketplace." The iQ 24 Hour Wrinkle Control System included the daytime therapy of Life Without Wrinkles Intensive Wrinkle DeCrease Day Cream AND the Nighttime Therapy SkinTensive Facelift Treatment that would give "instant" results. Wow. I would be working 24-7 on de-creasing my face. This should work, I thought, and if it didn't I could return it and try something new. There is always something new, as the skin care industry is continuously finding remarkable break throughs, according to any TV commercial.


Forty days have past and while I still have some creases, I do have to admit my skin looks a little better, even a little smoother. Some of the deeper creases (they don't like to call them "wrinkles," appear to be less deep then they were before, if that is really possible.) But is it worth the $95.70 I paid to have it delivered to my door, saving $70 off the retail price? I'm not so sure it is. While it is "only $1.60 per day for the most cutting-edge anti-aging skin care" around, I think picking parents with flawless skin would have been a better solution in the long run. Too late for that, but my mother is coming to stay for several months so I can always ask her about it, can't I.

No comments: