Thursday, October 25, 2007

Golf, Flower Arranging or Bridge

It has been suggested by one of my adult children that I try playing golf, flower arranging, or bridge, rather then blogging. While I admire those who are able to chase a small white ball around a course, I tried it a few times and had trouble hitting the ball. While I really got into the whole thing, with cute little golf outfits, and the golden tan, and having lunch afterwards at the club, the time spent chasing the ball interfered with the whole lunch thing. I found I could have lunch with the golfers after they completed the course and I had been at the mall, or on the Square, or getting a pedicure. Here's the problem: golf in northern Illinois is seasonal, like allergies, and I already have allergies.

Flower arranging is something I love to do, and I arrange flowers as often as I remember to buy them. Fresh flowers in the foyer, welcoming guests to my home, should be a requirement in all households. The problem with flower arrangements is having to change the water daily so mold doesn't grow, which could cause allergies, which I already have.


Playing bridge has never been a goal of mine, though a dear friend, Suzanne, is a professional bridge player (yes, there are those), and she makes a lot of money at it. I've tried to play cards of all kinds, Bunco (is that a card game?) poker, and even more difficult games that I can't recall the name of. They all ended the same -- I lost money and I spent a lot of time sitting around with people in an enclosed area, touching alot of germ infested cards, which could cause a cold, and I already have allergies.


So I will continue to add fodder to this blog until I have nothing more to say, or until my children make me an offer to stop that I can't refuse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy to see you blogging. :)